Terms and Conditions
- An adult group ballet class ranging from around 12 to 24 people in any given class.
- The course is set up for you to attend a course of lessons over a period of 8 weeks.
- Classes are held at Hamilton House in Stokes Croft, Tobacco Factory and St Francis Centre both in Southville and 1532 Performing Arts Centre in Clifton. For class days and times please see the current timetable.
- The class is suitable for males and females of any adult age from 16 years old and above as long as you have a reasonable standard of fitness.
- The classes consist of a series of classic exercises;
- Barre work (from Plies and Port de Bras to Grand Battement - which help to warm up the muscles and improve turnout, balance and posture)
- Stretching exercises to aid flexibility
- Centre practice (from Adage and Pirrouettes to little jumps and Grand Jetes – for strength, control and stamina aswell as getting use to chorography).
What to wear and what to bring
- Footless tights or leggings with any top or tunic dress.
- Split-sole ballet flats or you can wear close fitting socks to start.
- Pointe shoes are not required, but if you are experienced, you are welcome to do Barre work or the entire class en Pointe. Please disucss this prior to the class.
Health and Safety
- Every care is given to ensure that the class warms up and warms down within each session and therefore many corrections are given both as a group and individually. However, accidents can happen. We will not be liable or responsible for any personal accidents that occur during the classes, participation is at your own risk.
- It is advised to bring a water bottle with you for each class to rehydrate after class.
- Any medications, for example inhalers, should be brought to the front of the each class so they are easily accessible.
- Payment for the course must be made in full in advance either bank transfer prior to your first day or by cheque on the first day of the course.
- Please note that we reserve the right to change the course content at any time and without notice.
- The prices set out for the relevant courses are available here.
- The payment is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- All classes are flexible i.e. if you miss a class, you can make it up by doing two classes on another week providing its on the same course.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class at any time without incurring any additional liability to the class attendees. In such circumstances we will offer alternative class dates or a credit note.
We have and reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
Last updated: September 2017